Thursday, April 26, 2012

Remembering to Pause

Time is very subjective, and right now it is flying by for me. I have been keeping busy by committing to a new business venture and while I LOVE it, I have to remember to take time to pause and BE in life.

It's soooooo easy to take things for granted. Not that many months ago I was talking about how losing Wentworth made me realize how lucky I am to have Dexter & my hubby Tyler...and yet here I am falling into the same traps. Damn it, it is difficult to find balance and harmony in life! But the universe is very kind to me and gives me gentle reminders. Watching the Duggar's story was one of those at the beginning of the month. Dexter's increasing neediness to force me to come see something and/or blocking the front door and saying "No Work. Mommy" should be a pretty big clue for me as both are out of his normal behavior. I wasn't taking the hint so the Universe gave me a stronger one, it's taking Tyler out of town again for work. His being gone forces me to miss him and appreciate him when he's home, it forces me to stay home more myself and to make the most of the time I am gone. And it's also going to force me to spend that one on one time with Dexter.

I heard a great quote the other day, I'll paraphrase, but it said:

When you're with your family, Be with your family.
When you're at work, Be at work.

I really think this is a key point to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment